Monday, April 18, 2011

A place that resembles a home

Hi guys,

It's time for another blog. I wanted to share to you about this group that I had all through out my college years.

I wouldn't allow myself to not share my experiences with this group of mine the laughters we had, the tears that fell out of our eyes and the way we cared for each other.  The reason why I wanted to share this is because this group has played a very significant factor in my life and Im very proud of them and i won't forget them even as a leaves the gates of our  prestigious university. I will always cherish these people and I can stand and fight for them if anybody dares hurt or do anything unpleasant to them. They were my second family who stood by my side through my ups and downs, in here I felt like I was nit far from home and that I have someone who cares for me, who scolds me whenever I commit mistakes, we also experience sadness whenever there are misunderstandings within us, but it would eventually be resolved through God's grace and through apologizing to each other.

This group of mine or rather My Family is otherwise known as the Student Catholic Action or SCA.

Within the vast grounds of our university I never thought that I will be so at home and that I will be at ease and that I would find a family. 

Being a freshmen in a huge university wasn't easy at all because for us students, it's going to be difficult again, we left our alma mater during our H.S years wherein we have established ourselves. We gained friends, we've been together for years, we've been through a lot of things. But high school wouldn't last forever coz we still need to proceed with the next level which is college.

I started my college years being lonely though I knew some friends already at that time, but it still felt that something was still missing, it was like putting together a puzzle that needs all the pieces combined together to become complete.

I started to know this group because I was interested to join the choir and I over heard my classmates saying that they were going to join the choir at the chapel and an audition was to be conducted so, so I joined them. Nervous at first, because I really didn't know how to sing properly and that was one of the reasons I wanted to join the choir. To learn to sing.

Singing was one of the ways for me to express my feelings, to relieve me from stress and a means of having fun. I really enjoy singing but I lack the confidence LOL that is why I love to sing only in my room and in the toilets during bathing time LOL.

Going back to the choir part I auditioned and they let us sing the national anthem of the Philippines (lupang hinirang). But I didn't last long being a choir member because I transferred to being a member of the liturgy the only thing is I can only read when the mass is in English coz me speaking Tagalog sucks, I tend to mumble a lot, the readings of the day wouldn't sound pleasing if I was the one to read it in tagalog LOL. I was a reader for a year and a half.

During this years was my adjustment year, wherein little by little i started to become more open to them and I felt at home at last.  It was fun being an SCAn coz we have this family tree that confuses me as the year passes by  ahahah. We had our respective moms and dads, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, and most of all the ever loving Lolo(Kuya jayson). If you were to ask me I started as a grandson to Kuya jay and I can say that I was really close to him. He is very approachable and loving. Best lolo ever. Through him I strengthened my spiritual life. He played a major role in it actually . Thanks lolo.

Whenever I would go to the office when I was still a freshmen it was around 11 o'clock and and  I would see them conducting bible studies before the mass and "lolo" would invite me to join the group. At first I was really shy but as I attend more bible studies I loosened up. Thank God!!

Whenever I had problems I run to them and they showed me that I have someone to lean on. They were caring and they made me realize that God will always be with me no matter what He would always be there to comfort, heal forgive and listen to me, all He asks is that for us to take the first move and approachHim and allow yourself to surrender everything to Him, not the fear anything and have faith.

After being a reader I then got interested in being a KOA(knights of the altar). Wherein someone told me that being a KOA is such an honor because you are being closer to God while serving in the Holy Eucharist, and it is true!!! Learning and becoming a knight is not for the sake  of being recognized by the people and being popular because it takes a lot of hard work and commitment. If your purpose of being a KOA is to be popular and to be well known, well I can say that your not fit to be called a KOA.

We need to memorize or be familiar with the vestments, how to look for the days reading using the ordo and searching it up in the lectionary, sometimes sacrificing your lunch break and serving at the mass because there are times that you feel like being dragged to the chapel to serve despite the fact that your starving already after a 3-4 hour lecture, but during the mass you wont feel hungry anymore coz your busy assisting the priest( Fr. John keenan to be exact) and listening to tue days Gospel and reflecting on it.

Right after the mass we would arrange all the things that were used and cover the altar table with it's cloth.  Then I would return my alb and grab something to eat as I walk to my respective room for my next class.

As I continue my studies at CEU my bond with my SCA family became stronger.  Now we I felt that we really are a family.  Whenever I see them everyday I treat them as if they really are my relatives Kuya jayson as my very supportive, caring, and understanding lolo ( the best!!! He gives me words of encouragement, he corrects me or sometimes scolds me whenever I did something wrong and with that I am very thankful), mommy April as one of my moms( now she's at the states and I miss her a lot) Keith as my cousin, almina, jay, Donna, izzay, arth, Mary, Ken, and heryl as my brothers and sisters from Kuya Leo our tatz and mommy claire.  And recently my prayers were answered by God because He gave me a father figure papa Martin whom  I treat as my real father too. These are only a few names from are huge and complicated family tree LOL. These people are really close to my heart and I treasure them a lot. I wouldn't know what to do if something happens to them especially those who are really really close to me and you know who you guys are ok?. 

Right after being a knight of the altar my love for singing still prevailed that is why I returned to being a choir member during my final semester at CEU though my fellow knights would say that I should remain as a KOA.  But eventually they allowed to to transfer to the choir again.  But whenever the chapel would need a knight I am willing to serve again.

Weird but true I started with SCA as a choir member and I ended my last year at CEU as a choir member too.

Some people may think that SCA is purely about religion well basically it's true, after all it's a religious organization and it's purpose is to bring students like us closer to God and for us to learn more about Him and His unconditional live for mankind. But this doesn't mean that we don't know how to have fun actually we have fun a lot all I can say is that it's up to them to witness and experience how exciting and Fun being an SCAn!!! Surely when you stay here you will never regret joining the group coz i didn't.

Serving God, knowing and becoming close with friends who feared God was indeed a great thing to do. And I am thankful that it happened to me.

My love for my SCA family will never change and I'm very thankful coz I got the chance to know them and spend my most of my college years with them.

I'm ready to defend them and be there for them when they need me.

To my SCA family thank you so much for everything.  You guys mean a lot to me especially Lolo and papa.  I will always be your kuya Ian, your pinsan, your apo and unico ijo. I'm always a text away but I can't promise to reply ASAP. Yet I will try my best.

Once again thank u so much!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anak ko, as what I have said before, masaya ako dahil tinupad ni God yung hinihiling ko ever since, I couldn't be more happier because of this bond that we have,

    even until now, di ko parin lubos na maisip kung paano nangyareng nageng ganito tayo kaclose sa isa't isa, parang lumalabas eh parang magkababata tayong dalawa,

    also, masaya ako dahel napapasaya kita kahit sa simpleng pagtrato naten sa isa't isa bilang mag-ama, masaya ako kase yung effort ko, napapahalagaan,..

    and lastly, kahit nakakalungkot isipin na aalis ka na sa school, at least lalabas ka na ng nakangiti, :D
    and sana pag ako naman ang lumabas, dala pa rin naten tong kasiyahang nara2mdaman natin nung simula pa....

    mahal na mahal kita anak ko
    a.k.a best friend,

    ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pa!!

    Oo naman i'll carry this thing we have kahit sa kahulihulihang hininga ko noh.

    Kaw kaya ang kaunaunahan kong ama and naging bestfriend na lalaki Oha oha!!

    Love you din Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ako na sige na, hehehe ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praised be Jesus and Mary!

    Hay naku, after jurrasic years of waiting, makakapag post narin me ditembang ng comments galore dyoskela bonggang bongga apo, hehehehehehehe

    Anway, I really thank you apo for acknowledging me here in your post regarding SCA. Please do always live on it, whatever you learned from the org. I will tell this and tell this again to you apo: I would rather be forgotten by you and remember the learnings and be close to God rather than be remembered by you but nothing about the Lord and His teachings through SCA.

    Do everything for the love of God apo and whenever you encounter problems in the corporate world, always remember that there is a God who can helps and a Lolo Bear Cuddler who is always ready to help you =)

    May God bless you and Mary keep you always!

    Love you much my grandson, mwah mwah!



    In the Light of the Immaculate,

    Lolo Jayson "Bear Cuddler" =)

    ReplyDelete