Sunday, April 3, 2011

Scarred People Are Beautiful

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share something that was shared to me as well during our Annual retreat. Obviously like what the title is, it's about scarred people being beautiful. Hope you enjoy reading.

MAN SPAEKS:

I've seen a number of movies lately, Lord
Like Romeo and Juliet.
The love of young people, at least in the movies, is beautiful...
So simple... So total... So uncomplicated.
They seem so natural,
so free in their emotions, so clean in their feelings
I wish I could be like that, Lord,
But it can't be.
Why is it so?

I've been hurt, Lord.
I have trusted and been betrayed at times.
I have love and receive nothing in return.
I have tried hard to care and failed often.
I have shared my secrets and, hears them whispered to others.
I have been warm and receive  could shoulder.

I have been through it, Lord
I've fallen on my face.
I've banged my shins.
I've been bruised.
Look Lord, I'm all covered with scars.

THE LORD SPEAKS:

Maybe ou haven't understood enough;
Maybe you haven't learned that human life is like that:
all saints are scarred.
Young love isn't the highets formof human love.
The greatest love comes from scarred people.
I know that many people stop loving so they won't be hurt again
But those people who do start over again,
who continue in spite of all,
who leave themselves open to the
possibility of being hurt again - 
These people are able to love again, in a deeper way,
a more understanding way,
a richer way.

MAN SPEAKS:

I Think I mean what you mean LORD.
I've met people like that... and knowing them gives  me courage.
The great eople are those who continue to love with their scars,
I like SCARRED PEOPLE LORD.
THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.

-Bro. Ronnie Roy Salinero

No comments:

Post a Comment